Landmarks Illinois was founded in 1971 as a grassroots organization dedicated to the preservation of historic places that define Illinois’ cities and towns. We remain dedicated to those who invest in our cause – our members, donors and volunteers – and driven by our mission to help people statewide save the places that matter to them.
We strive to promote organizational accountability for and transparency about, how we operate and implement nonprofit best practices. Our strategic plan, annual reports, financial information and records of our accomplishments are available to the public, enabling you to feel confident about your investment in Landmarks Illinois.
The Landmarks Preservation Council of Illinois (DBA Landmarks Illinois) is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) is 36-2879987.
Landmarks Illinois’ Statement of Values
(Approved by the Board of Directors, November 28, 2017)
Landmarks Illinois is guided by four, core values that reflect our mission, culture and vision for an Illinois where people value places of the past as vital to the future.
Landmarks Illinois values:
- Innovation: We are at the forefront of the historic preservation field with inventive ideas and solutions that better help people to save the places of the past that matter to them.
- Education: We seek and freely share knowledge that furthers our mission and vision.
- Stewardship: We seek to inspire others to believe, as we do, that preservation is progress and that by reusing places of the past we conserve irreplaceable cultural resources for people today and into the future.
- Empowering People & Improving Lives: We seek to be inclusive and equitable in our work to inspire people to save places for people, to help them succeed, to grow our movement and to improve the quality of life in the communities that we serve.
What are some of the ways Landmarks Illinois demonstrates its values?
- Sharing our Statement of Values publicly on our website and in appropriate printed materials such as our annual report and case for support.
- Implementing our values in our decision-making about the people and places that we serve.
- Representing our values in areas of board and staff recruitment, development and training.
- Annual Report, 2017-2018
- Strategic Plan, 2011-2016
- Strategic Plan, 2016-2021
- Annual Report, 2014-2015
- Annual Report, 2015-2016
- Annual Report, 2016-2017
- Goals and Accomplishments, 2011-2016
- Goals and Accomplishments, 2016-2017
- 501(c)(3) Tax Exemption Letter
- Form 990, 2013
- Form 990, 2014
- Form 990, 2015
- Form 990, 2016