Nearly 260 preservation, civic, and business leaders have served on Landmarks Illinois’ board since the organization’s founding in 1971. The Emeritus Board engages past board members in charting the future of Landmarks Illinois. Members of this honorific board donate expertise to the organization, as well as contribute financially to provide a strong base of support for its mission-driven operations. It is chaired by Ellen Stoner with vice chair Delph Gustitus, both past and long-time Landmarks Illinois board members.
A prospective emeritus board member must:
- Be a past board member of Landmarks Illinois who contributed significantly to the organization’s success;
- Receive an invitation by the organization to join the Emeritus Board in an honorary capacity;
- Demonstrate a willingness to continue service as an ambassador for the organization and to use his/her/their influence to engage others in supporting Landmarks Illinois;
- Continue to donate expertise to benefit the organization;
- Support Landmarks Illinois financially with an annual commitment at the Louis Sullivan Society level ($1,000) or above;
- Add his/her/their name to the roster of Emeritus Board members to be utilized as needed; and,
- Serve on the Emeritus Board for a two-year term. (Terms can be renewed indefinitely.)
For more information about the Emeritus Board, please contact Anne Puotinen, Director of Development and Engagement, at (312) 459-4642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.