committee of young professionals
Skyline Council is Landmarks Illinois’ committee of young professionals. It consists of more than 30 emerging leaders with an interest in historic preservation, the built environment and sustaining healthy communities. Through service, social engagement and advocacy, Skyline Council members promote Landmarks Illinois’ mission to empower individuals to save places that are important to them while strengthening their networks. Skyline Council was founded in 2011.
Skyline Council organizes and presents networking and fundraising events throughout the year. Its signature events include the Skyline Social, the Skyline Historic Pub Crawl and the highly popular Skyline Trivia Night.
Benefits of Skyline Council Membership
Members of Skyline Council are also members of Landmarks Illinois. Benefits of joining Skyline Council include:
- Invitation to become a member of the Skyline Council Committee and serve in a leadership role
- Invitation to attend monthly Skyline Council Committee meetings
- Subscription to quarterly “The Arch” newsletter
- 50% discount on admission to the world-renowned Farnsworth House designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
- Discounts on educational or networking opportunities
- Invitation to all Landmarks Illinois and Skyline Council events
- Advance notice of Preservation Snapshots lectures
- Subscription to three Landmarks Illinois e-newsletters: Preservation in the News; Preservation Events; and Action Alerts
- Knowledge that you are doing your part to preserve Illinois’ invaluable heritage
Join or Support the Skyline Council
Curious about becoming a Skyline Council member or learning more about its events? Interested in sponsoring Skyline Council events and programming? Email Tiffanie Williams or call (312) 922-1742.