2018 Legendary Landmarks Celebration Raises more than $850,000 for Advocacy Program
Landmarks Illinois gathered with its closest supporters, friends and historic preservation advocates at the 2018 Legendary Landmarks Celebration on March 8, 2018. The event took place at the Hilton Chicago and honored 2018 Legendary Landmarks: Daniel Levin, Founder and Chairman of The Habitat Company; Toni Preckwinkle, Cook County Board President; and Fred Berglund, President of Berglund Construction.
More than 830 people joined Landmarks Illinois for its 13th annual fundraiser and enjoyed cocktails, dinner, dessert, networking, entertainment and tributes to the 2018 Legendary Landmarks, who have made a positive impact on our city and state. The 2018 Legendary Landmarks Celebration raised over $850,000 in proceeds for Landmarks Illinois, which is used to fund the nonprofit’s Advocacy Program – the heart of LI’s work.
Thanks to the incredible generosity of LI’s supporters – old and new – Landmarks Illinois continues to help people all over the state save the places that make our communities unique and vibrant spaces to live and work.
Each year, Landmarks Illinois and the Legendary Landmarks Celebration Host Committee brainstorms how to make the annual event enjoyable for every guest. LI appreciates your feedback, and will continually work to improve our honoree and guest experience. Next year’s format for the Legendary Landmarks Celebration will see a return to a more intimate setting and a definite rethink of our fundraising.
Landmarks Illinois thanks everyone who helped make the 2018 Legendary Landmarks Celebration possible and who helped contribute to an evening honoring and celebrating our Legendary Landmarks.
Are you wondering if the Legendary Landmarks Celebration is a worthwhile use of your charitable giving budget?
- Supporting Landmarks Illinois strengthens the historic preservation and adaptive reuse real estate industry, which put more than 23,000 people to work over the past five years.
- The Celebration has seen 5-10 percent growth in attendance year-over-year since 2012, with our 2018 attendance totaling 832 guests.
- This is the premier networking event for Illinois’ historic preservation community. Networking time is maximized to enhance your opportunity to make useful connections. We have an hour-and-a-half-long cocktail reception before the program and a dessert reception that follows dinner to provide ample time to network.
- Our supporters in the room at the Legendary Landmarks Celebration represent all areas of the preservation industry. In 2018 alone, we had the following types of sponsors and number of tables: Developers (8); Banks and Investors (6); Architects (8); General Contractors (8); Subcontractors (15 representing nine specialty areas); Labor and Trades (2); Lawyers (7); and Accountants (2). If you need help putting together a team, this is the perfect event to meet partners.
- Over 40 individuals, families and corporations have been honored as Legendary Landmarks since the event’s inception in 2006. This is a “Who’s Who” list of Chicago’s civic, corporate and construction leaders who have been honored by Landmarks Illinois.
History of LLC
Landmarks Illinois began its annual Legendary Landmarks Celebration in 2006, and since that time, the annual celebration has honored more than 40 individuals, families and corporations that have made Chicago and Illinois a better place to live.
The annual event attracts more than 800 people for an entertaining evening of networking, dinner and drinks. The fundraising portion of the evening continues to raise the support needed for Landmarks Illinois to advocate for the historic places in our state and help communities and local residents save these special places.
Once again, Landmarks Illinois thanks everyone who joined the Legendary Landmarks Celebration and provided support for the organization’s key advocacy program through your generous gifts.
For more information on the Legendary Landmarks Celebration, and to learn more about our annual Legendary Landmarks, visit: http://www.landmarks.org/events/legendary-landmarks-celebration/.Learn more about the 2018 Legendary Landmarks