Livingston County Courthouse
The 1875 courthouse, located at 112 W. Madison St., was in excellent condition on the exterior, but in need of restoration work on the interior after a remodeling was completed in the 1970s. In 2009 during a meeting with Dewberry and the County staff to determine space needs, a discovery was made that revealed the original tin ceiling, full height windows and barrel‐vaulted wood beams. From here, the team worked to restore this space based on evidence alone, due to the lack of drawings and historic photographs. The rehabilitation involved restoring the decorative glass in the courtroom skylights that had been damaged or missing. Since the courthouse has been completed the impact has been positive and tremendous. The residents have a continued sense of civic pride and respect for their town’s heritage and culture.