This project entailed a thorough and accurate five-year restoration of a 1930 Texaco Gas station conducted by a businessman and local community leader for use as his office. Extensive research yielded information on missing elements. Environmental contamination issues were addressed with help from the City of Decatur. Use as a private office, rather than a commercial building, enabled the restoration to proceed without alterations to the historic character and integrity of the structure. The completed project significantly enlivens a deteriorated area on a main arterial road in the community.