Music Institute of Chicago - Concert Hall and Learning Center
The layout of the former First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Evanston proved an ideal fit for this acclaimed music education center. Built in 1913, the Classical Revival-style structure was designed by S. S. Beman. The former church sanctuary was converted to a 500-seat recital space, while the high-ceilinged lower level provided space for a music school. A side entrance was reconfigured, which resulted in a dramatic mid-level entry while also solving accessibility issues.