In 1922, a memorial consisting of two bronze plaques with the names of all 500 men was mounted on an obelisk and placed at the Warren L. Wheaton home located at Roosevelt and Naperville Roads. 500 ash trees were planted along Roosevelt Rd. leading up to the obelisk to create WheatonÕs Road of Remembrance. When the road was widened in 1931, the trees were moved to various parks throughout Wheaton and a new obelisk was built at Northside Park five years later. The original bronze plaques were reinstalled and remained unrestored until 2017.
Commissioned by: Community of Wheaton