Landmarks Illinois COVID-19 Organization Relief Grants are intended to provide monetary assistance to nonprofit organizations in the state of Illinois that have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thirteen $2,000 grants will be awarded to provide unrestricted funds for expenditures that include but not limited to:
- Staff and contractor payroll, taxes and processing fees
- Rent/mortgage payments
- Loan principal and interest payments
- Digital access improvements (such as server upgrades, social media, website and presentation platforms)
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations with an annual budget of less than $1 million or fewer than seven FTE employees.
- The applicant’s purpose or programming must align with Landmarks Illinois’ mission: People Saving Places for People.
- Applicants must demonstrate a critical need as a result of the impacts of COVID-19 due to significant projected or actual disruption in contributed or earned revenue and/or the immediate need to make digital improvements for operational and/or programmatic purposes.
- Applicants must possess the capacity to manage the grant funds prudently.
- A follow-up report of the project is required to be submitted to Landmarks Illinois within a determined time period.
No match is required for these emergency grants.
Review of Application
- Landmarks Illinois COVID-19 Organization Relief Grants will be approved by Landmarks Illinois’ Board of Directors with a plan to pay out the grants by mid-June 2020.
- Applications will be selected based on the strength of alignment with Landmarks Illinois’ mission, demonstration of need, and the applicants ability to utilize the funds quickly.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 15, 2020
Contact Suzanne Germann, Director of Grants and Easements at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Landmarks Illinois COVID-19 Organization Relief Grant program is temporarily replacing the Landmarks Illinois Preservation Heritage Fund Grants and the Barbara C. and Thomas E. Donnelley II Preservation Fund for Illinois for the month of May. Landmarks Illinois will not be accepting applications for the Preservation Heritage Fund or Donnelley Fund in May.
Landmarks Illinois thanks Barbara C. and Thomas E. Donnelley II for providing an additional $5,000 for this special COVID-19 grant fund.
The application period has ended.
Learn about the organizations that received a grant through the Landmarks Illinois COVID-19 Organization Relief Grant Program. Grant recipients were announced in June 2020.GRANT RECIPIENTS