Stone Avenue Train Station
701 W. Burlington Ave., LaGrange
Built in 1901, the Stone Avenue Train Station in LaGrange has helped to connect the village of to Chicago for more than a century. But after a hundred years of use, the station had begun to show its age and suffered from a long list of problems. Hoping to save the Stone Avenue Station, a group of interested parties coalesced to restore the station to its former glory. The project team included village officials, legislators, railroad company representatives and community organizations.