Name: Po Hu (Margaret) Shao
Date of Birth / Location: Shanghai, China
Education: Bachelor of the Arts, National Central University, Taoyuan City, Taiwan; Master of Architecture, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1952.
Firms and Partnerships Firm William Edward Kapp in Detroit, 1949 -1952; Principal at Loebl, Schlossman, and Hackl, In. 1949; Loebl, Schlossman and Bennett, 1958-n.d.
Professional Organizations & Activities: Taught for at the National Central University from 1941-1946. In 1978, Shao's design for Marie Sklodowska Curie Metropolitan High School was featured in the "Chicago Women Architects: Contemporary Directions" exhibition at the Artemisia Gallery in Chicago, Illinois.
Awards & Honors: Barbour Scholarship for Oriental Women by the University of Michigan, 1949. Award for the Design of Deerfield High School from the American Association of School Administrators,1961.
Primary Field: Architect
- Saul Sherman Residence, 1255 Westmoor Road Winnetka, Illinois, 1956.
- Obstetric Department Addition at Louis A Weiss Memorial Hospital, 4646 North Marine Drive Chicago, Illinois, 1957.
- American Fore Insurance Group Office Building, 1958.
- Chicago Public Schools: Stephen Tyng Mather High School, 5835 North Lincoln Avenue, 1959 and Marie Sklodowska Curie High School, 4959 S. Archer Avenue, 1973.
- Deerfield High School, 1959 N. Waukegan Road, Deerfield, Illinois, 1959.
- Harriet M. Harris Park Fieldhouse, 6200 S. Drexel Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, ca. 1971.