Ravenswood Club Building
1521 W. Wilson Ave., Chicago
This prominent building at the corner of Ashland and Wilson avenues is for
sale by the Masonic chapter that has occupied it since 1920. It was built
originally in 1899 (with a 1902 addition) as a family social and civic club.
Today, it is one of the city’s oldest surviving club buildings.
zoning would permit several multi-story residential structures on the site.
Although the building has been proposed as a Chicago Landmark, its
designation has not been approved by the City Council.