home

 about us  online store  download forms  join us
   

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

<<  a  b  c  d  e  f  g  h  i  j  MAP  >> 

 
     
     
 

North Pullman
10400- and 10500- blocks of south Corliss and Maryland avenues, Chicago (Cook County)

 

 
   
 

 

Although protected by local landmark designation, this northeast corner of the Pullman Historic District has been struggling for several years with property vacancies and, more recently, serious disinvestment. Many of the original 1880s workers’ housing units along these two streets are owned by absentee landlords and poorly maintained. This four-block area, which includes 87 properties, has been identified as the most troubled portion of the neighborhood, since 25% of the properties are already in foreclosure. Park Bank Initiatives, which as part of Park National Bank has invested in many redevelopment projects in North Pullman, will become an independent non-profit community development organization in the summer of 2010, with support from U.S. Bank. The new entity will continue to focus its reinvestment projects in its target area south of 106th Street. In 2008, Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS) completed a historic rehabilitation 10461-63 South Corliss Avenue, but has been unable to sell or rent units in this condominium building.

 

Click A Thumbnail To Start Photo Slideshow

 

 

 

Press

 

Report shares big ideas, little hope for Pullman redevelopment
Chicago Sun-Times, March 15, 2012

 
 

 

 

top_2  top_3  top_4  top_5  top_5   

 

 

 

 

Landmarks Illinois
Suite 1315
53 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604 
tel. 312-922-1742 
fax 312-922-8112

 

 

home              top              help              sitemap              donate             membership              email us  

 

 

© 2010 Landmarks Illinois. All rights reserved. In addition to the copyright to this collective work, copyright to the materials which appear on this site may be held by the individual authors or others. Landmarks Illinois is a
tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1971 and is the state's leading voice for historic preservation.