home

 about us  online store  download forms  join us

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

<<  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  MAP  >> 

 
     
     
 

Davenport, Rock Island and Northwestern Depot
2021 River Dr., Moline (Rock Island Co.)

 

 
   
 

 

Update

 

December, 2012: The Moline Preservation Society has launched a campaign to raise $155,000 to cover the city’s portion of expenses for moving the Moline depot. Read more about this project and make your pledge.

 

Located in the Quad Cities along the Illinois side of the Mississippi River, this turn-of-the-century train depot was designed by architect Olaf Z. Cervin of Rock Island, completed in 1900, and was in active use for over 30 years. In 1934, the decommissioned depot was converted into offices for the Frank Foundry Company. The City of Moline purchased the building in 1994, designated it a local landmark, and renovated it as a Visitor Center. That facility closed in May 2008 and the building is now vacant. A new federal highway bridge is scheduled for construction at this location, and the depot stands in the way of an off-ramp.

 

     
 

  HOW CAN I HELP?

 

To voice your opposition to the current demolition plan, and support the relocation and rehabilitation of the Moline Depot please call or send letters to:

 

 
 

The Honorable Phil Hare
17th Congressional District
2001 52nd Avenue, #5
Moline, IL 61265
Phone: 309-793-5760
Fax: 309-762-9193

 

The Honorable Don Welvaert
Mayor
City of Moline
619 - 16th Street
Moline, IL 61265
Phone: 309-797-0461
dwelvaert@moline.il.us

 
     
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Landmarks Illinois
Suite 1315
53 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604 
tel. 312-922-1742 
fax 312-922-8112

 

 

home              top              help              sitemap              donate             membership              email us  

 

 

© 2010 Landmarks Illinois. All rights reserved. In addition to the copyright to this collective work, copyright to the materials which appear on this site may be held by the individual authors or others. Landmarks Illinois is a
tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1971 and is the state's leading voice for historic preservation.