This dark green, board-and-batten,
Prairie-style building was designed in 1913 by William Drummond, the chief
draftsman of architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Drummond’s wife was an early
member of the private social club that has operated the building for more
than 90 years. In recent years, club membership has waned and the costs
of ongoing maintenance have become a serious financial burden.
clubhouse, which was built on an oversized lot, is surrounded by single
family residences. The community does not have a local preservation
ordinance and, unless a sensitive new owner is identified, the lot could
be cleared and subdivided for residential development. This property was
also listed on LPCI’s 2004-05
Chicagoland Watch List.
Photo credit: LPCI and Marty Hackl