River Forest Women’s Club
Built by longtime Frank Lloyd Wright associate William Drummond in 1914, the River Forest Women’s Club was once a candidate for demolition. The current owners purchased the property in 2005 and have meticulously rehabilitated it as a private home. The restoration of the 5,200 square foot building is protected by a preservation easement including its large 2-story theater space and stage. To preserve the large interior, most living spaces were placed in the basement level with a new below-grade patio and entrance constructed on the rear of the property. The building was rehabilitated with a comprehensive geothermal heating and cooling system that reduced energy usage by 75% during the first winter. The building also makes use of solar water heating units. The listing for this property can found through Lauren Miller of @properties.