home

 about us  online store  download forms  join us

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

RETURN

 
 

Culver House                                                                                                                                 

412 West Prairie Avenue, Decatur (Macon County) 

 

As a result of the designation of the Culver House to Landmarks Illinois’ Ten Most Endangered Historic Places in 2000, the Historic Decatur Foundation was awarded an Illinois First Grant which enabled them to secure the exterior of the building. Extensive work on the structure included repointing, window repair, and rebuilding the roof according to the original rooflines. Restoration of the interior of the house will be commencing as soon as funding is secured.

 

 

 

 

 
     

 

 

 

Landmarks Illinois
Suite 1315
53 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604 
tel. 312-922-1742 
fax 312-922-8112

 

 

home              top              help              sitemap              donate             membership              email us  

 

 

© 2010 Landmarks Illinois. All rights reserved. In addition to the copyright to this collective work, copyright to the materials which appear on this site may be held by the individual authors or others. Landmarks Illinois is a
tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1971 and is the state's leading voice for historic preservation.