about us  online store  download forms  join us










Preservation News

Current News





2006 Chicagoland Watch List Property Saved
Wilder Mansion

Built in 1868, the Wilder Mansion housed the Elmhurst Public Library from 1922 to 2003. The original, central section of the building was later updated in 1937 to reflect a Neo-Classical style. It was at that time that the side wings and the front portico were added to the building. A later 1964 addition was constructed off the back of the building and does not detract from the historic appearance of the primary façade.

Wilder Mansion




















Landmarks Illinois
Suite 1315
53 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604 
tel. 312-922-1742 
fax 312-922-8112



home              top              help              sitemap              donate             membership              email us  



© 2010 Landmarks Illinois. All rights reserved. In addition to the copyright to this collective work, copyright to the materials which appear on this site may be held by the individual authors or others. Landmarks Illinois is a
tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1971 and is the state's leading voice for historic preservation.