home

 about us  online store  download forms  join us

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

RETURN   

 
     
   

Walker School

120 Walker Avenue,
Clarendon Hills

 

Built 1925

 

A local school bond referendum on March 16, 2004 included $8.2 million to replace historic Walker School. Local preservationists had mounted a campaign to remodel the school, which dates to 1925 (with later additions), rather than demolish it for a new two-story structure.

 
 

 

Unfortunately, the school was demolished July 2004. The building had been determined eligible for the National Register of Historic Places. The Middaugh Mansion, the community’s only other Register listing, was demolished in 2002. Clarendon Hills is located 20 miles southwest of Chicago.

 

 

 

 

 

 
     

 

 

 

Landmarks Illinois
Suite 1315
53 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60604 
tel. 312-922-1742 
fax 312-922-8112

 

 

home              top              help              sitemap              donate             membership              email us  

 

 

© 2010 Landmarks Illinois. All rights reserved. In addition to the copyright to this collective work, copyright to the materials which appear on this site may be held by the individual authors or others. Landmarks Illinois is a
tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1971 and is the state's leading voice for historic preservation.