4600 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago
This grouping of five-story structures was built in 1929 as low-cost
housing, with the financial assistance of Julius Rosenwald, president of
Sears Roebuck & Co. Although the complex was rehabilitated in the 1980s, it
has been vacant for several years.
A recent proposal to rehabilitate the structures fell through and
the complex is scheduled to be auctioned this fall.